Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Just Cry Out


I was woken out of a deep slumber to the sound of my baby crying. I waited a few minutes to see if his cries would subside before I went into his room. His cries grew louder, so I got out of my warm bed and groggily walked into his room. My heart softened as soon as I saw him. My son was standing up in his crib, tears streaming down his tiny face, arms outstretched towards me. When I picked him up he instantly stopped crying, and buried his head against my chest.

I rocked him back to sleep, waiting until his breaths became long and even before I laid him back down. As I rocked him, the Holy Spirit tenderly whispered words that landed heavily on my heart. “You see how that works? How your son felt scared and alone in the darkness? He couldn’t see you or feel you, and he thought he was all alone. He cried out to you, and you came and comforted him.

This is what God wants for us! Our heavenly father is always there, ready to comfort us. In our times of desperation and loneliness, we easily forget. All we have to do is cry out to Him, and He will be there to pick us up into His loving arms."

MY darkness is completely different than someone else’s. Darkness could be divorce, illness, financial troubles, loss of a loved one, a spouse deployed overseas, depression, ect. It doesn’t matter what it is that is wrecking havoc in our hearts; nothing is too messy to bring before Him! I’m not saying He will take your problems away. But He will comfort you and give you a peace that only He can give. It’s so simple, yet we forget. Just cry out to Him. That’s all we have to do.

This doesn’t happen to me very often. Maybe my heart isn’t always open to hearing these whispers, or I let the business of life distract me. But there was no mistake, no confusion in this message. It resonated deep in my soul, loud and clear.


I am sharing this in the hopes that someone who needed to hear this, will come across this and be given hope. Even if its just a glimmer! I pray that someone who has been trapped in darkness will have the boldness to cry out for help. It doesn’t matter where you are, or what you say. He is there, waiting for you.

1 comment: